What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rain

It has been dusty here for a very long time. The leaves on the trees are brown, not green. When you blow your nose, all that comes out is clumps of mud. While the children play on the field, they come in dustier than a duster. In the morning Tripti cleans my room and by the afternoon the floor is covered in a thin layer of dust again. However, today it rained. It rained just enough to wet the ground and make the dust subtle down to relax and stay put. You can literally smell it raining. As the rain contacts with the dirt, the smell of earth rises to your nose and refreshes your mind and body. I feel like I am back in my own town. The people are glad that it is raining because the rain is what helps the mango trees to grow and blossom. This country is known for its mango blossoms that are all yellow and orange, dotting the trees. This rain is call the mango rain. They say that the mangoes are very sweet and juicy. A week before I leave to come home, mangoes will be in season, and I can partake of the wonderful gift that He has given us. However, on the negative side, there is so much pollution here that it is acid rain. Its not very concentrated but it can still be harmful. I was told by some people today that the natives loose their hair because of the acid in the rain. Can you believe that? I never thought that could actually happen. I guess I wont be playing in the rain today :)
Any way, I just thought that you might enjoy this little peace of heaven among the dust. i am doing well and looking forward to this weekend when I attend the picnic. I will be picking up my new outfit that I had made for the picnic. Cant wait to meet all the staff's family and commune with them. I will write soon! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment