What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fat Hands and Fat Feet

One of the most wonderful and tiring but rewarding opportunity that I have in the this country is to design my own clothes. I designed this outfit for the picnic on Saturday that is just beautiful, if I do say so myself. Well, today was the day to pick it up. When I got it, I was completely overwhelmed by how beautiful the tailor did it. The fabric plus detail and custom fitting cost $10 total. Is that not the most amazing thing that you have ever heard of? Since, I was at the shopping complex with a couple of other girls, I decided that I needed bangles to go with my outfit since that is the fashion. So I went to one store and bought matching bangles for my outfit. The natives hands are much smaller because they themselves are small. So it was very somewhat difficult to get it over my hand. Well I did so I bought the set. Then we all stopped at a shoe store. They didn't have anything over an 8 1/2. Too bad I wear a 9 1/2 to 10. They told me that my feet were too big to find shoes. Gee thanks a lot! So that was a bummer. Then I also decided that I needed bangles for my sari that I purchased. So I went in search for deep red and gold. The girls and I went to a little shop. I saw the ones that I wanted and asked to see them. Alexis told me that they were glass. Not thinking too much I tried to put them on. All of a sudden the glass BROKE. (I felt like I was in China Town where there are signs that say 'you brake you buy, we brake we cry') All of our eyes became the size of our entire head along with a huge gasp. I felt so bad that I think my heart skipped a beat. Anyway, I needed to pay for it. The salesman said they were such and such a price but it was way jacked up because I am white and he obviously knew that I would pay for them at any cost. However, the amount that he suggested was just taking advantage. It was a very sticky situation. 3 girls and the rest were men... not good. So we looked at other ones and the man came down in price by a lot and I just purchased them. I now have bangles that ill have to saw off some bone on my hand to get them over. Anyway, I am a clumsy, big American. Oh well, it could happen to anyone. At least im not a LOUD, clumsy, big American.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel! I just now found your site:) you are HILARIOUS!
    i'm loving reading about your experiences! God's teaching you a lot huh?! You've got a great attitude!
    praying for you,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! This is so fun to read! You inspired me to talk a bit about some of my students. Aren't they hilarious? Oh my goodness, so much character and dramatic personalities in one room. There are 26 in my room, and I love them all. I love all your comments about going shopping and such. Miss you! I'm so glad we got to be in the same group for our last class. We had a blast huh?

    ReplyDelete