What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pressure

"Take a breather." This is what I had to say to myself this afternoon. People keep asking me if I am excited to be going on this mission trip and I have no idea how to respond to them. The only thing that I can think of is, "Once I get on the plane I will be." Life at the moment seems to be going way too fast for its own good! I have to complete my 21 page paper by Friday of which i have five pages to go and all the editing still to be done. I have work, lunch dates, other homework besides the paper, and oh did I mention... IM LEAVING FOR 3 MONTHS TO ANOTHER COUNTRY THAT IS HALF WAY AROUND THE WORLD IN WHICH I HAVE TO TEACH ALL DAY FOR THE FIRST TIME? Don't mind me... I'm okay really! :) To say the least, I feel very stressed. I am so stressed that I am giving myself lockjaw and my teeth are hurting because my neck is so tense.
Despite all the stress, I figured that it would be a good day to take an unbelievable hot shower to calm myself down. Then I realize that I can not teach alone. The world of Paul keep roaming in and out of my mind reminding me that he wished not many of us were teachers because we are held to a higher standard than most people because of our calling and office. I don't think I am adequate enough to lead the young lives into wisdom. Not just knowledge but a knowledge that is made applicable to life in a variety of situations. Nor do I want to spur on a dualistic view of life in which God is separate from school life. Or that there are secular and sacred worlds. I want them to know that there is one world of which God created and sin has marred what once was perfect and pure. All truth is God's truth and we should live as such. I feel over burdened for my future students and worried that I am not going to be adequate enough. But during my prayer in pouring out my thoughts and worries John 16:33: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world." The knowledge and wisdom that I have gained is or my benefit but with that knowledge comes specific obligations. From this passage I know that this wisdom and knowledge gives me peace and when trouble or burdens come I can have even further peace in knowing that God has overcome the world.
So as I am getting ready to leave, I basque is the knowledge that God has given me this calling and office so that I may glorify Him in all that I do and say. I should not fear the calling but embrace it because I know he knows me better than I know myself and I trust Him. God remind me of your love and peace. Bring to mind your word to me constantly so that I may rest in you forevermore. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment