What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh so soon!

I have 8 days until I fly across the sea to B-desh. There is so much going on here in Chicago that I find, I cannot concentrate or even think about leaving until Friday when I am on the plane traveling. I have so much reading to do that it makes my head spin. I have four books two are applicable books (one with lots of examples) and the other two are history of education books (eh good but not the most exciting thing in the world lol). I also have another portion of my paper due on Monday. Hmmm... do I have a life outside of babysitting and school?? I think not :) I am trying to see all of my friends before I leave but I highly doubt that I will just because of all that is going on! At least I have SKYPE. I think tho that I will be well occupied in my mission to be honest to even think.
I am really excited to arrive at the school! I am anticipating what the people will be like. They are beautiful people who, I am sure, very interesting and have wonderful stories of their lives to share. I find that I like cultures that share every event in a super long story so that the listener gets every detail. After the story you practically feel like family! I am so glad that I have an intense and likable personality, thank God! I know that they have dreams and desires to accomplish and I only hope that I can someway be a part of their edification to do what they have a desire to do. I want them to know that school and life are one world in which God speaks and moves if ones listens to Him. I want the curriculum to be saturated with the knowledge of God and how we fit into His world. I also want my students to be empowered and leaders of their own education. It is part of the teacher's job to provide students with materials and knowledge but it is the student's job to act accordingly and become active participants in their own learning. I am so thankful to have a God who has given these desires to me and I know that he will help me accomplish them.
I ask that those who are reading this blog would pray for guidance, peace, patients and a learners spirit through this process and forevermore. I also ask that you would pray for safe traveling. May I always gain knowledge from Him to guide me. May I never do anything on my own but always asking for help and the wisdom to do what is right, pleasing and acceptable to Him.

Thank you!

More to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment