What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

PARTY!!!

Today was an amazing day. I woke up around 8 o' clock, had some french toast made by Shemole! Then, Alexis and I worked out in my room. Then we went to Kings Confectionery. Oh man, it was sooo sweet smelling. The entrance to the building was really sketchy. But as you climbed the stairs, sugar and coffee filled your nose. We entered to restaurant and it was bitter cold. It felt like an ice box compared to the 70 percent humidity with 85 degrees F. It was wonderful. I picked up a tray and some tongs. I was able to pick whatever I wanted and place it on my tray. There were sweet rolls with meat, delicate cakes, pound cake, tarts, doughnuts (beside elaborate cakes, kings is known for their doughnuts), and many other delicious items. I chose a large doughnut that was half white frosting with nuts and the other half pure peanut butter topping. MMMM it was delicious. I went to the counter to pay and I also ordered a REAL CAPPUCCINO! Oh how I love real coffee that is bitter and sweet at the same time. The we sat down at a table and corrected papers for school. It was the best two hours of my life. What could be better than a fancy doughnut and coffee in a cool place? But that is not all!
This afternoon I had all the boys from 4th grade come to the house. All 13 boys came! It was wonderful. We played soccer for a half hour. There was this wasps nest by the swing set and multiple times we hit the bar and they wasps were everywhere. There were many nice saves and blocks done by the boys playing. I didnt get any pictures because I was too busy playing. After that we went up stairs and had cold mango juice with ice cream sandwiches, watermelon and chips. Oh it was delightful. Well sort of... they boys were quite rowdy and loud. But none the less they were cracking me up. Then half the boys went back to play soccer and the other half played LIAR with me. They had never played before but they thought that it was a really fun game. Then when 5:30 hit, I ushered them all outside. We continued to play more soccer and basketball. Oh it is a hoot to watch these kids play because they are not used to using their hands... so funny! I was given a VERY lovely present by one of my students. It was a beautiful orna and a wonderful bracelet. I cant wait to wear it! I am so glad that I had the chance to bring the boys over. Next week I am planning a tea party with the girls from 4th grade. We will have small sandwiches and tea in china cups.
The times seems to be winding down but I still want to be useful and helpful. I will have more time to interact with my students as more as an auntie rather than their teacher and that is really exciting! Anyway, Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. I shall see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment