What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Mella

After school, I was invited to go to the Mella. The Mella is a huge traveling fair. It is not the type of fair that you or I would think of. It is more like a trade fair. It is a place where you go to buy things from different countries around the country that I am staying in. The Mella is here for about a month. I have already gone several times. Usually they I have gone, it was in the morning so that place was not very busy. However, this time we went in the afternoon when it was cooler. There was a ton of people.
So, Alexis, her mother, Mrs. Allen and I all piled into the van and drove to the Mella. As we trotted down the street toward the entrance, the street became so congested that it took use several minutes to go 5 feet. Finally we arrived near the entrance and the driver pulled to the side and let us out. We played leap frog to cross the street dogging cars, buss', rickshaws, baby taxi's and people. We walked down the dusty path passing shops that had purses, pottery, child toys, plastic wear, and even a fake flower shop. They were packed tightly together. It was a jigsaw puzzle to scoot around people and get to the next booth.
There were throngs of people there all crowding into this narrow street to reach the entrance to the main part of the fair. They are not afraid to get close together even if you are sticky from sweat rolling down your body all day long. There were all sorts of people. Some people with full burquas (complete coverages of black), other women had just the head covering and their beautiful dress, others like me were wearing the shalwar-chamise and orna, men in punjabies (traditional dress), mullahs (holy men), others in jeans and t-shirts and children in all sorts of dress. It was wonderful to see a sea of colors brightly shinning in the sun light. The popular colors of this area are neon orange, yellow, neon green, bright blue, gold and red. The clothes will usually have three to four different (even contrasting colors) on them with maybe two different prints. Although, I am not a fan of their attire, I must admit that it is growing on me. Mom, you might have to reteach me how to dress when I come back :). Mind you, this is all even before we enter the main part of the fair.
Not only where there a lot of people but lots of different social classes mingling together. There were a lot of wealthy people but also a lot of poor people. When our group was looking at purses, I had two children tapping my arm wanting food and or money. They were not any older than 9 or so. I had older men with walking sticks coming to me holding out a mettle peddlers pan bumping my arm for money. There were also women coming up to me. It was tough to ignore them and move on. Even if I wanted to give them something, I was not able to. See, if I give one something, then I would have to get everyone something and if I didnt then I would have a real big problem on my hand. Oh I wished that I had something for each one, even if it was just a cracker or a mango bar. The eyes of the children were pleading and misty. Their weather-beaten face cried out for moisture to sooth the tightness. Their clothes were tattered and would barely provide protection from the extreme heat and or the cool winters for warmth. There were cripples lining the narrow rode holding out their hands for anything they could have. Some had bowed lags, others had only one leg, some were blind while others had withered hands.
As I think back about these people, I am angry. I am angry at sin and Satan. I am angry that we fell from grace and allowed sin to ravage the bodies that were given to us by God. I am sick to think that there are children tonight who will sleep on the hard ground with growling tummies. I hate sin and its affects. My heart cries out to God for justice. When will these people be justified? But then I think, when justification comes for those who are less fortunate and dont know God, their lot will be worse than it is now. Sin will be eradicated one day and we will have our victory and justification over sin and death. But those whom we feel terribly for will live in eternity with out the presence of God which is hell. They will no longer be plagued by only a bowed leg or an empty tummy, or blind, they will live in eternity in hell. And this is why people that I work with are here. They are here to share what they know and that is that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords is greater than death and disease. While we may suffer here on earth, we will not have to for eternity. I find it very sobering to think about those children and adults who have so little but I am encouraged and implored by God to pray for their salvation. I can give them any earthly comfort but it will all be in vein if I do not share why I am giving.
I have so much more to say about the inside of the Mella but I almost feel like this last paragraph is meant to sink in to some of your hearts. I am so privileged to be here and have this opportunity to not only teach at the school, but see the needs of the other ministries that are done through this organization. They are giving food to villages, teaching other nationals about the word, they are printing and giving out tailored tracks to different religious people, they are also providing medical care to all sorts of people on the compound in another part of the the country and they also have a traveling clinic that they go around in to bring aid to remote areas and they are also do AWANA for young persons so that they are being taught the scriptures. I am telling you that God is doing great things here, amongst the people who desperately care about these people and willing to lay down their lives for them. I am blessed and humbled to be surrounded by such great saints. They will be rewarded a heavenly reward for their service to the King.
I ask that you will continue to pray for the school and its students. I ask that you would also pray for more opportunities to share the gospel with whomever we meet. I challenge you to ponder on what I have written and see how you might be able to apply what I have thought about in your daily life. In your going, disciple! Speak and urge on one another toward a godly life that is worth living. Share what you know for you never know what God may use to bring that person into his kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment