What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

ANSWERS!

On March 8, 2010, I was reading in the Daily Bread devotional about His gift of life to us and I was convicted about the story that was shared. It talked about a boy who was walking along the beach and there were hundreds of starfish that were stuck on the land. The boy quickly began trying to pick them up and throw them into the ocean. A man walked by and said to the boy that he cant possibly save them all. The boy said that the man was right but it makes a big difference to each one if I do. There are so many lives in this world that one can get overwhelmed by the multitude. As I sit and pray for my students, I can not fathom never seeing them again and especially if they do not know Him. I get overwhelmed and being to recluse because there is nothing that I can do. He used this devotional to remind me that I cant share with all people but the ones that I do and they believe it makes a big difference in their lives. When that person believes, there is a joyous party for that person in heaven. Luke 15:7 says, "Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." I cant help but joy with the throngs of angles and believers in when even the gospel is shared with people who are lost because a seed is planted.
I was in high spirits that day excited to see what God might show me that day. But a couple of days went by and I had forgot already what he had taught me. But yesterday, I was reminded about this verse in class. I had read them the children's book that I wrote about a boy named Saul who was adopted and the trials that he went through. Saul is them taken to a fantasy land (orania, heaven)and he meets the Bridegroom who writes Saul's name in the lambs book of life. But this day in class we were reading from the curriculum a story about a girl who lived in a dormitory in Africa. The house parents tried to make it feel like home so they made a big deal about birthdays. The main character went to her house parent to say what she wanted for he birthday and the parent replied and talked about two birthdays, one when you are physically born and then another one when you are saved. One of my students raised his hand and asked what it meant to be saved. Since he asked me, I was able to share basically the gospel with him (because it is a school that is for all religious students I have to gloss over believers things like this because it is offensive) because he asked me about it. Another one of my students said that it was like the story of Saul when he met the Bridegroom. They had connected my story about Saul being saved to this story in the curriculum.
It was a wonderful blessing of a seed that I was able to plant by the grace of God. I can not save my entire class but I can plant seeds and encourage my students to walk with HIm. I would stop everything to teach these children about Him. Thank you God for that chance that I had to share with my students about the Gospel. I pray that I might have more opportunities like that. I ask that you would pray the same. These children need to hear and believe so that they too may know the Love and Goodness that we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment