What a Class!!!

What a Class!!!
Some Cuties!

Welcome!

I hope that you will enjoy the site, as I take you on a journey with me to the ends of the earth.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Lots of Happenings

So much has gone on in the last several days that it is hard to keep it all straight. The day after the wedding, I had my fourth grade girls come over for a tea party. They had never been to a tea party yet, tea is to Bengali as coffee is to American. Wait now that I think about it I feel like I have just repeated myself. Have I talked about this party already? Well if I have too bad :) So I went to the store on my own and got peanut butter and jelly and bread for sandwiches. I made that and cheese sandwiches. I cut the crust off and everything! Then I cut them into little triangles. I also had chanuchur (spicy tail mix) and biscuits (cookies) as well as Bangla cha. They all were dressed really nicely. We played Uno while we waited for all the girls to come. All but a few did come. I was told later by my principal that the girl who got chicken pox in my class was crying because she couldnt attend my party and that she wouldnt get to say good bye to me :) Isnt that super sweet. So anyway, we had food and tea and it was amazing. We played pictionary, signs, and then went outside and played freeze tag. The girls were super funny. It was a very good day!
Last night I went over the the KG (kindergarten) teacher's house. her daughter is in my class and she begged her mom to have me over. During class she kept coming up to me and saying how excited she was that I was coming over. After school I walked over to the house (it was super close). I arrived around 3:30pm. Jenny (the daughter) showed me her computer that she was playing on. We then did her science homework together. Then her mom brought me Bangla Cha, bannana's and cookies with chocolate on it. OOO it was super good! Then we watched some YouTube videos. After that her mom and I were chatting. It was amazing how much her mother opened up to me. We discussed our childhood pasts. Jenny had told her about my adoption and her mother is ways can relate and so we had a really good discussion. I felt honored that she would treat me like family in that way. After that, Jenny taught me some Bengali dances. Oh my work it was fun. She tied bells around my ankles so that when I danced, I made noise. I felt really cool!! I might have looked stupid but were to friends having fun. I then taught Jenny how to do the Charleston, the waltz, some tango, and salsa dancing. She was a hoot to watch any try to do that Charleston. She thought the tango was really funny. We did the cheek to cheek thing. Oh man :) Then we played Mono-polly (Monopoly). She wooped me. I kept getting in Jail and she would grab all the properties that should could get her hands on. (I think I gave her too much money :) Im sure of it) After much playing, we decided to watch a movie Little Mermaid 2. Her mother said that it was time to eat. So we paused the movie to get some food. He mom piled on the rice. I took a little bit of each thing. Then Jenny said that I must eat more because that is what a good woman does (they eat and get fat) So Jenny's mom took my plate from me and piled more food on. There was chicken, veggies, eggs, beef and fried pumpkin. I literally had the largest bowl of food that I have ever eaten in my life. We went to sit down and I dug in (eating with my hand of course). I got 3/4ths the way through and the mom took my plate and asked if I wanted more. I said a little more rice to finish my egg. She came back with another full plate of food. Oh I was hurting by this time (I was sooooo full but it tasted sooooo good) So I ate about half the second plate and I slowed down really fast. Then her mother finally said, that I ate with a lot of energy and so I didnt have to finish my plate. I graciously gave her back the left over. She thought that I was silly for not eating at least another plate of food lol. Then she gave me ice cream that was really good! I was the honored guest and I felt like a queen. She is probably the best cook here! I loved it sooo much... I had so much curry that my nail turned yellow from eating lol. After ice cream, I went home and arrived at 8:30pm. I spent 5 hours with the family and it was amazing. It was what I really had wanted to do. I love just sitting in the house and being surrounded by this wonderful family who loves the Lord and served me and treated me like one of them. I wish I could have done this more, but I am thankful for the chance that God gave me! I pray that He would continue to bless them. 3 days to go...
I had to teach on the spot today because Miss J was stuck in a traffic jam coming back from the 5th grade field trip. Lol I had 5 minutes to look over prepositions before I taught the lesson. It went well for such a short notice. Oh boy I love being flexible! I love being a teacher

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, you made me LAUGH!!! I am so glad you had a good time with them and got to do something you really wanted to do. : ) can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete